[Soc-2005-dev] Ping! (status update please)

Pablo Diaz-Gutierrez pablo at ics.uci.edu
Mon Jul 18 05:51:54 CEST 2005

Hi guys,

Well, I'll be the first at this. I think I'm a bit late, but nothing I
sort of anticipated. I had to work for some papers here at school, and
it just took longer than expected. In the process, I've got to learn
more about Blender, following some tutorials and my book. That was an
obligated step for me. By the way, kudos to the tutorial video authors!
They rock!!

Now I'm starting to play with the code and do small changes. I'm
checking the coding tutorials right now. It's great that you guys had
put the effort to prepare them for starters like me.

I've cleared my mind on how to implement my project, what parts of the
program need to be touched, and I've identified the features that will
make the system minimally functional. I plan on having something to show
within 10 days or so (SIGGRAPH!).

Regarding my mentor, Kent Mein, he's very helpful and I see him often on
IRC. I don't think I'll have trouble getting help when I need it.

So, if I had to describe the status of my project with just a line, it'd
be "Behind, but nothing dramatic".

Cheers,
-Pablo.

--