[Soc-2005-dev] Status reports please

Jiří Hnídek jiri.hnidek at vslib.cz
Tue Aug 30 18:31:41 CEST 2005

Hi,
here is status of my work:
  - editing of mesh geometry and object transformation works quite good
  - I would like to implemented renaming of object and geometry nodes,
and I would like to visualise, that mesh object is shared (different
color of object center)
  - It was tested on Linux, Windows and Mac and I got positive feedback
from many users
  - I wrote small tutorial (user documentation) in our wiki
  - other parts of mesh editing aren't finished or supported (face
smooth, subsurf, edge creases, vertex weight, vertex colors, uv, vertex
groups, etc.), but implementation of these things wasn't mentioned in my
proposal
  - verse server can terminate connection, because Blender doesn't send
keep alive packets sometimes (rendering, etc.) ... solving of this
problem will propably require bigger changes of blender internal code
(more threads) ... it wasn't purpose od my project
  - of course, I will work on further integration of Verse protocol to
Blender, but I think, that I have implemented everything, what I proposed

Best regards

Jiri