[Sig2006] Budget

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Fri Jul 7 23:49:50 CEST 2006

On Fri, 2006-07-07 at 21:45 +0200, Ton Roosendaal wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is the current state of expenses: (all in USD)
>
> Floorspace:            7800
> Freeman (booth)       20000 (unconfirmed!)
> Giant prints + posters 2500
> AV + Computer Rental   6500
> Computer transport      400
> --------------------------
>                        37200
>

> We got as contributions in (USD) 20k (sponsor) + 4k (GNMOME) + 5k
> (Universe) + 10k (BF).
> As promised, the BF will accept responsibility for gaps in the budget,
> but the fact Freeman is still unconfirmed makes me cautious. I have to
> reserve 3-5k for unforseen expenses.
>
> So, I think we might drop the free handout DVD (3-4k USD + lot of work).

Heya, so I have a bunch of iSummit dvds that include much CC content and
whatnot...I have around 200 of these...there is one disc with video
content like elephants dream (which is silkscreened) and then one with
other cc-licensed audio.

We have the master discs, and could easily order more with some
re-branding with that funding...they are ready to go...

I will bring what is left from the icommons.org iSummit DVDs, but think
it might be wise if there is money set aside, to print more of these
with some even more generic re-branding...

> Maybe we can find something else cool & cheap to give away? How
> important would a free DVD be? Please advise!

I will also bring much much free goodies from Creative Commons:
stickers, t-shirts, more stickers from inkscape and open clip art
library, etc. What numbers should we expect?

Also, where should I get these things mailed for the conference? I need
to get on sending these out soon.

Jon

> -Ton-
>
> (In next mail I give details about equipment)

Jon Phillips

San Francisco, CA
USA PH 510.499.0894
jon at rejon.org