[Robotics] Force/torque/collision sensor

Anna Chiara Bellini annachiara.bellini at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 16:16:11 CEST 2011

Dear all,

I am working on a robot simulation project ( http://www.airobots.eu/ ) with
Blender and I am trying to do something which I'm sure someone else has
already done, so I'm asking for directions: I need to model passive
compliant joints and detect the forces acting on them. I guess that the way
is through Blender's rigid body joint constraint , possibly the
6DofSpringConstraint, but I'm not really sure about it and I really don't
know which would be the best solution.

In our project, we are using MORSE for sensors/actuators/middleware, so if
anyone had a MORSE-specific solution or suggestion, that would be great.

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance

Anna Chiara Bellini