[Robotics] Feedback on MORSE installation instructions...

Adolfo Rodríguez Tsouroukdissian adolfo.rodriguez at pal-robotics.com
Mon Jan 10 10:01:54 CET 2011

On Sun, Jan 9, 2011 at 10:31 PM, Alexey Zakharov
<alexey.zakharov at gmail.com>wrote:

> Dear Severin and MORSE developers
> Thanks for the interest.
> I forgot to introduce myself. I am a software developer in GPS gmbh
> (Stuttgart). Together with University of Leuven we are participating in EU
> project "BRICS", best practices in robotics.
> We are using collada as a data exchange file format, because it is capable
> to represent mobile manipulators. So far to create a model, I have to use a
> text editor and do everything manually and spend lots of time. Blender
> already has a basic support of collada format based on OpenCollada loader,
> however kinematics part and better support for different types of
> geometrical primitives (e.g triangles, triangle fans, and etc.) are missing.
>
> I have made initial effort already: collected a number of reference models
> and started to extend loader. At the moment it is just a proof of concept.
> It could load simple collada model and maps its kinematics to an armature.
> If some one has a C++ example how to create and edit armature in Blender, it
> would help a lot.
>
> I plan to upload everything on git. May be we could add it to the MORSE
> repository as well.

Alexey,

Is the scope of your project specific to Collada support in Blender, or are
parts of it Blender-agnostic?.

TIA,

Adolfo

--
Adolfo Rodríguez Tsouroukdissian, Ph. D.

Robotics engineer
PAL ROBOTICS S.L
http://www.pal-robotics.com
Tel. +34.93.414.53.47
Fax.+34.93.209.11.09

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail and the accompanying document(s) may
contain confidential information which is privileged and intended only for
the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.  If you are not the
distribution or use of this e-mail and/or accompanying document(s) is
strictly prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please
immediately notify the sender at the above e-mail address.