[Robotics] Feedback on MORSE installation instructions...

Alexey Zakharov alexey.zakharov at gmail.com
Sun Jan 9 22:31:42 CET 2011

Dear Severin and MORSE developers
Thanks for the interest.
I forgot to introduce myself. I am a software developer in GPS gmbh
(Stuttgart). Together with University of Leuven we are participating in EU
project "BRICS", best practices in robotics.
We are using collada as a data exchange file format, because it is capable
to represent mobile manipulators. So far to create a model, I have to use a
text editor and do everything manually and spend lots of time. Blender
already has a basic support of collada format based on OpenCollada loader,
however kinematics part and better support for different types of
geometrical primitives (e.g triangles, triangle fans, and etc.) are missing.

I have made initial effort already: collected a number of reference models
and started to extend loader. At the moment it is just a proof of concept.
It could load simple collada model and maps its kinematics to an armature.
If some one has a C++ example how to create and edit armature in Blender, it
would help a lot.

I plan to upload everything on git. May be we could add it to the MORSE
repository as well.

Best regards,
Alexey