[Robotics] pose mode and game engine

Glen Pike glen at engineeredarts.co.uk
Tue Jan 4 16:57:47 CET 2011

On 04/01/2011 15:51, David Hutto wrote:
> Or maybe blender's robotics devs are stuck in a world where there is
> instantaneous transmission between bot and source
> algorithm/transmitter.

No, we are generally stuck in a world where we use Blender as a
simulation tool, or a tool for programming robot motion "offline"  In
any system you are going to suffer lag - which is why our use of Blender
to control robots is not the be all and end all of the system.  So yes,
we are stuck in a situation where there is (almost) instantaneous
transmission between Blender and a robot because we have found Blender +
Network + Robot does not work with our system.  That's not to say it
does not work with other Blender robotics projects.

Yes it would be nice to have voice control for robots - we are working
on that, but why use Blender to control a robot with voice when you can
connect directly to the robot?

Don't expect to wade into a mailing list and start dictating what people
can and can't do - make suggestions, but don't criticise people for
being small minded or unimaginitive - that's TROLL'ing.