[Robotics] pose mode and game engine

David Hutto smokefloat at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 17:15:17 CET 2011

On Tue, Jan 4, 2011 at 11:09 AM, Stephen Swaney <sswaney at centurytel.net> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 04, 2011 at 10:54:11AM -0500, David Hutto wrote:
>> If this is a troll, then point out where I'm 'under the bridge' on
>> this line of questioning.
>
> The whole point of protocols and interfaces is that one layer does not
> care where its inputs come from as long as they are formatted
> correctly.

I understand that blender doesn't 'know' where the command came from,
the point was it should be a part of future advancements/plugins, not
to dictate where the project should go, the comment isn't limited to
robotics portion of blender.

 Go see the OSI networking model for an example.  A speech
> processor sends commands to the next layer the same way a keyboard
> handler would.  This is Herman's point about speech processing being
> essentially irrelevant to this list's concerns.

And now it is known by me, but it shouldn't have been seen as trolling.

> If you are interested in issues like the performance difference
> between wired and wireless protocols or the fact that TCP/IP is really
> unsuited for interplanetary communication, you are talking about
> issues outside the Blender layer.

I know i can implement or design on my own, I just wanted to talk
about the subject, and this seemed like the right placde, but
apparently not.