[Robotics] pose mode and game engine

Glen Pike glen at engineeredarts.co.uk
Tue Jan 4 16:40:50 CET 2011

On 04/01/2011 15:31, David Hutto wrote:
>> So what? Please do not mix "human interface" issues with "simulation"
>> issues. Both are important in a specific application, but the former one
>> should not have to be imposed on Blender, which is, by definition, a
>> _graphical_ program, with a "scripting" command interface; hence, all
>> non-graphical inputs have to be translated into graphical and/or scripting
>> commands, and that transformation is not the responsibility of
>> Blender/MORSE, but of the "middleware" your application wants to put around
>> Blender.
> Isn't blender already "middleware"? But anyway, phones have voice
> dial, so why not, something like "display (nurb sphere)".
>
> This enhances the futuristic(if I can use that term) usability of
> blender. Voice command isn't just for the blind.

TROLL!

This is about Blender Robotics - if you want to make Blender respond to
speech input, look into other projects.

If you want robots to respond to speech, then connect the speech
recognition to the robot...  If you want your robot simulator to work
with speech recognition then write an API to connect via the robot
simulator.