[Robotics] robotics example

Breno Carneiro Pinheiro brenodee at gmail.com
Sat Jan 23 05:11:15 CET 2010

Hi all, the objective of this study is to simulate a robot during an
inspection on a hydroelectric dam. There will be nothing like Hardware in
Loop but only a simulation of the robot subject to buoyancy, hydrodynamic
drag. All the numerical values of those features must be obtained with a
simulation in ANSYS / CFX.

Finally, the simulation would be a form of 3D visualization of the mission
of the robot, and it is possible to run the control algorithm.

The control project is part of my PhD which starts this year. The simulation
could be done during an internship in yout laboratory for a few months, what
do you think? How should I proceed?

I study at the Federal University of Santa Catarina / Brazil. Some
professors here are well known in LAAS like prof. Jean Marie.

So, I came studying OROCOS, Player, among others, but I think Blender
robotics gives me more control of what I do ans it's better to make 3D
visualizations.

What do you suggest?

Thank you very much,

Breno

2010/1/22 Séverin Lemaignan <severin.lemaignan at laas.fr>

> Le 22/01/2010 19:04, Breno Carneiro Pinheiro a écrit :
> > Sorry for so many questions. You  work at robot lab, do you think the
> > Blender robotics is a good choice to my applications described mail
> before.
>
> It may be, but the project is still very young. As you already
> experimented, it's far from usable "out of the box".
>
> If you better describe the kind of robot you're working with (ie,
> sensors, actuators you have, possible middleware you're using, etc), we
> can probably tell you if it's realistic and how much work it would
> require to use ORS in your lab.
>
> Cheers,
> Severin
>
> --
>           Séverin Lemaignan - severin.lemaignan at laas.fr
>  [00]    PhD student on Cognitive Robotics
> /|__|\   LAAS-CNRS - RIS group / Technische Uni München - IAS group
>   ''     +33561337844 / +498928917780
>          http://www.laas.fr/~slemaign <http://www.laas.fr/%7Eslemaign>

Breno Carneiro Pinheiro