[Robotics] BGE / Armatures and visualisation problems

Benoit Bolsee benoit.bolsee at online.be
Wed Sep 16 16:54:58 CEST 2009

For some part, it seems to be face Normal error on the mesh. Face with
wrong Normals (i.e. pointing to the inside of the object) are visible in
the 3D view but disappear in the GE. Check the Normals and if necessary
recompute them.
For some part it seems to be a scaling problem but I can't see why you
would have such problems. The same routines to compute the mesh
deformation are use in Blender and in the GE. I never had situations
where a rigged mesh is deformed differently in the GE than in Blender.
Keep in mind though that if you set constraints on the armature, they
work in the GE only if the target object is the armature itself. This
limitation has been removed in the iTaSC branch but will always be there
in 2.49a and is still there in 2.5 trunk until I merge the branch.

Benoit