[Robotics] Components library in Blender 2.5?

Séverin Lemaignan severin.lemaignan at laas.fr
Mon Oct 5 13:37:18 CEST 2009

Hello everyone,

I just came over the notes of the Blender dev meeting from this sunday
(thanks to BlenderNation!), and I read that:

- Tom Musgrove will send a proposal to the mailing list for creating
good default primitives in Blender, especially for complete character
models, rigs, and materials. Suggested is to make it an external
optional .blend, which can be updated and released independently as well.

So, I'm wondering if there's somehow a way to nicely integrate a set of
components (or, let say, primitives) in the Blender interface from a
.blend file.

Since we are looking into offering it for the simulator, it's a feature
worth to be discussed with the rest of the Blender dev team.

Benoit, Ton, any ideas regarding this topic?

Séverin