[Robotics] Code repository?

Séverin Lemaignan severin.lemaignan at laas.fr
Fri Apr 17 20:59:57 CEST 2009

Hello,

Some "brain food" for the weekend:

Following Damien's offer, and after some chat (and code sharing) with
Paul, I think we really need to set up some sort of code repository.

It's not yet clear for me how to structure it. Either one of you have a
precise enough idea and we start with it, or we set up a "temporary"
repo until we can figure out the best solution.

Quick structure proposal:

root\
     |-scripts\  <- Python modules + packages
     |        |-middleware\
     |        |           |-...
     |        |           |-...
     |        |-...
     |-scenes  <- complete scenes (.blend files)
     |-models  <- single, reusable objects (models of arms, platforms...
     |-patches <- like TUIO

Hosting:

Public forges:
- SourceForge
- LaunchPad
- Google Code
- ...

"Private" hosting
- at Blender?
- in one of our lab?
   - at LAAS, we already have a functional GIT-based infrastructure
called OpenRobot, where we can host whatever we want
   - in your teams?

I let you think about it :-)

Séverin