[Orange-tech] Re: XSeed Cluster for Blender project

Prof. Mark Alan Matties mmatties at cs.bowiestate.edu
Mon Nov 21 20:14:45 CET 2005

Hi Toni,

I'm working on getting the latest (cvs) version running here. Running
Subversion here is a good idea - I'll try to get it going  as soon as I can.

Regards,
Mark

Toni Alatalo wrote:

>On Wednesday 16 November 2005 16:20, Ton Roosendaal wrote:
>

>>would really appreciate if your team can start the initial discussions
>>with Toni for how we can setup the farm and do first tests.
>>

>yep we have a hair animation test now that would need to render on a capable
>system.
>
>to do this we need to have the current Blender cvs version working there - if
>you provide instructions & give the needed account info etc. we can set that
>up.
>
>this first test is with a small single .blend file -- later we must figure out
>a good way to do the data synching there. we are using a local Subversion
>repository here, and one option is to try to get it synched for there too.
>that way with the actual files only changes need to be updated, when we tweak
>the final sources based on the tests that get back.
>
>we have DrQueue working locally here for previews now, don't know if you are
>using it or just the XGrid tools.
>
>~Toni
>

>>On 16 Nov, 2005, at 15:44, Dr. Mark Matties wrote:
>>

>>>Hi Ton,
>>>
>>>Sorry for the email issues. Please continue to send to
>>>mmatties at cs.bowiestate.edu and cc to mamtties at fullyconnected.net.
>>>
>>>Regards.

Mark Alan Matties, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Computer Science
Director - BSU Xseed Supercomputer
Program Coordinator - B.S. in Computer Technology

mmatties at cs.bowiestate.edu
(301) 860 3974 (vox)
(301) 860 3979 (fax)

Snail Mail: