[Orange-tech] Re: XSeed Cluster for Blender project

Toni Alatalo antont at kyperjokki.fi
Fri Nov 18 15:16:58 CET 2005

On Wednesday 16 November 2005 16:20, Ton Roosendaal wrote:
> would really appreciate if your team can start the initial discussions
> with Toni for how we can setup the farm and do first tests.

yep we have a hair animation test now that would need to render on a capable
system.

to do this we need to have the current Blender cvs version working there - if
you provide instructions & give the needed account info etc. we can set that
up.

this first test is with a small single .blend file -- later we must figure out
a good way to do the data synching there. we are using a local Subversion
repository here, and one option is to try to get it synched for there too.
that way with the actual files only changes need to be updated, when we tweak
the final sources based on the tests that get back.

we have DrQueue working locally here for previews now, don't know if you are
using it or just the XGrid tools.

~Toni