[Openexr] Who will maintain?

Gernot Ziegler gz at lysator.liu.se
Tue Aug 9 21:08:23 CEST 2005

> Just to add to this I'm currently the maintainer of all of the other file
> formats as well so will probably be me.  I'm always open to other people
> helping out though.  I'd gladly defer to someone else if they want to
> take it over offically/unoffically etc...
I am glad to hear that, thank you :-)

I will drop in and out to provide extra hacking once in a while during
boring winter days, no doubt about that ;)

> I have some code someone emailed me that gives blender radiance_hdr support.
> It's currently using the old buffer support and converting it to floats.
> But easy enough to convert to the same method as openexr.  Do you guys
> think I should merge it with our current stuff?
I think that would be a good idea. But you will introduce it at the
imbuf/intern/ level, right ?

> The other option would be to grab the stuff from our svn that it needs
> and commit it separately.
No reason to do so.

I'm just wondering how long Radiance HDR will keep existing - since ILM
pushes OpenEXR for "interfacing with them", it will pretty soon be present
in all important software.

But code-wise: no problem !

Servus,
  Gernot

--
O  The Austria <=> Sweden <=> Germany <=> Netherlands connection.....   H