[Network] Edit Profile, Services and Membership feedback

Bart Veldhuizen bart at blendernetwork.org
Sun Aug 5 21:52:40 CEST 2012

Howdy!

On Sunday 5 August 2012 at 21:36, Dalai Felinto wrote:

> Hi Bart,
>
> Edit Profile:
>   * if I want to change the picture I need to first remove it, and then add a new one
>   (it would be more convenient to simply pick a new one)

Agreed. I'm using a prefab profile editing module for TYPO3, I'll see if I can hack that.
>   * for the freelancer it's strange to call your profile picture a 'logo' Perhaps the text could be 'Photo/Logo' ?
> [ edit - just noticed that in the Membership there is a place for pictures, so that was really the logo - you can ignore that OR make it more clear, it was confused at first for me ]

Done!
>   * Is there a recommended size/aspect ratio/format ? If so, it would be good to tell that

Done! Please check if it's clear.
>  * the list of services doesn't follow a consistent capitalization scheme (e.g. we have 'Python scripting' and 'Blender Core')

Nice catch :) Fixed.
> Edit Membership Information
>  * I just noticed that my country is listed as Andorra. I think we either bring 'country' to the main sign up form (making 'select your country' the default, but forcing the user to choose one) or have a blank default one.

Good point, I'll have to look in to that. That'll take a little more time though.
> * Since we have things such as 'training', 'consulting', ... what about having an entry field to list the languages you are fluent with? (though I can add that in my description field)

Hmmm, don't you think that in the majority of the cases, the country is enough of a clue? I'd rather be careful with adding more fields and over-crowding the search page. Shall we say we put this in the description for now?
> * pictures: although the logo seems to be sized to fit in the page, the main picture is cropped as it seem. we need to know the size/aspect ratio of the picture.

Added!

Thanks for your input, it's much appreciated.

Cheers,

Bart