[Bsod-mentors] Application for the BSoD

Felipe Bergamin Boralli felipeboralli at redecasd.ita.br
Mon Jun 5 23:57:12 CEST 2006

Synopsis

I intend to write about the aspects of Blender that require more physical
and mathematical knowledge to be fully understood, that includes FluidSim,
SoftBodies and Particles. IMHO it´s hard to find a person better skilled for
this job than someone with deep knowledge in Pysics and Math.

Scope

1.Basic Physics and Math
1.1 Vectors
1.2 Calculus
1.3 Vectorial Calculus and Differential Geommetry
1.4 Dynamics of Rigid Bodies
1.5 Dynamics of Deformable Bodies
1.6 Force fields
1.7 Fluid Dynamics

>From now on, i´ll cover FluidSim, Softbodies and Particles using the same
layout.

2.Fluid simulation
2.1 Math-Physical background (the Navier-stokes equation, and how to solve
it)
2.2 Definition of every aspect and variable and button about this in
blender, based on the backgroud above, and various examples.
2.3 What happens when simulation starts (getting inside the black box)
2.4 Troubleshooting
2.5 Advanced pratices and fine tuning of properties

3.Softbodies
3.1 Math-Physical background (the physics of deformable bodies)
3.2 Definition of every aspect and variable and button about this in
blender, based on the backgroud above, and various examples.
3.3 What happens when baking (getting inside the black box)
3.4 Troubleshooting
3.5 Advanced pratices and fine tuning of properties

4.Particles
4.1 Math-Physical background (the physics of particles-rigid bodies)
4.2 Definition of every aspect and variable and button about this in
blender, based on the backgroud above, and various examples.
4.3 What happens about the particles (getting inside the black box)
4.4 Troubleshooting
4.5 Advanced pratices and fine tuning of properties

Deliverables
I expect to deliver clean English text, in a technical and direct manner, as
structured:

1.Basic Physics and Math (7 to 10 pages of text, plus pics)
2.Fluid simulation (about 5 pages of text, plus pics)
3.Softbodies (6 to 8 pages of text, plus pics)
4.Particles (5 to 8 pages of text, plus pics)

Biography

My real name is Felipe Bergamin Boralli. I´m a brazilian 20 year-old
student, graduating in  Mechanical-Aeronautical Engineering at a institution
called Instituto Tecnológico de Aeronáutica (Aeronautics Technological
Institute) http://www.ita.br/ingles/ingles.htm (in English).
I use Blender since 2003. Being Brazilian Portuguese my mother language, i
have no experience in documentation in English, however, the level of my
English is quite good. The only example of publication in English I have is
attached, and it is a scientifical publication about modern Physics. I´ve
written this for this competition
(http://www.ifpan.edu.pl/firststep/res_fsX.html) where you can read my name
in one of the Honourable Mentions. I´m able to read and understand c++ and
Phyton coding, so i´ll be able to base my documentation directly on the
code, instead of relying on other to understand the code for me. Also
attached, i have some examples of my most recent Blnder artwork

I´ll be on vacation on a good part of the project extension, to fully assume
this task.

if you don´t send a reply just to say you received this e-mail, I´ll keep
sending it again and again...

Thanks
Felipe Boralli