[Bsod-mentors] BSoD proposal

Eugene Reilly etr9j at blendernation.com
Tue Jun 6 18:19:00 CEST 2006

1)  I think Ryan's animation proposal looks very nice and is definitely well
thought out.  His current wiki (that describes up to the rigging section) is
also quite extensive, so he knows the material.  I also like how he intends
to not use his wiki tutorial "as is" but instead will write a more
comprehensive work.  His idea of later modules is also nice, so once this
project is over he (and hopefully others) will likely still continue adding
to it.

2)  Matt's proposal is definitely a good idea, and since the scope is more
broad now, this kind of "cleaning house" is certainly a must.

3)  Felipe's proposal deals with a subject I really enjoy - the physics and
mathematic principles behind the tools used in 3D.  This kind of information
will also really bring a new dimension Blender's particles and bodies.
However, I don't think it will directly document Blender usage to those
looking to learn.  So, I would love to see this done (especially because
Felipe is the right man for the job), but I don't think it will really
forward learning Blender unless he puts a lot more focus on the usage of
particles and bodies in Blender.  Of course, with the scope broadening,
maybe there is room for this now.

4)  So from the proposals received, I see that there are 4 proposals that
seem ready to be implemented and 2 maybes:

Ready:
-Tim Baldridge's Python
-Matt's Wiki Formating
-Ryan Dale's Animation
-Mal's Game Engine

Maybe:
-Felipe's Math and Physics
-JimC's Re-do of his Blender Basics Proposal (on the condition that he
focuses on a major aspect of Blender rather than a re-write of his manual -
though he hasn't gotten back to us about that)

Am I missing one?

BlenderNation:  Fresh Blender News, Every Day.