[Bf-webcontent] Runs out of box?

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at pandora.be
Tue Nov 12 22:36:14 CET 2013

We should understand why this happens before adding instructions to do
chmod +x, it might be something that can be fixed in the Blender
release itself or only happens on very specific systems. If we don't
understand why it happens these kinds of issues keep accumulating and
we have to add more and more instructions.

What we as developers really need to know is, if you download Blender
2.69, on which system do you need to do chmod +x after extracting it
with which command or software? I've seen this advice given a few
times but then it ends up being a different issue, like missing OpenGL
graphics drivers.

Brecht.