[Bf-webcontent] no more flickering

Matt Ebb matt at mke3.net
Tue Mar 1 04:20:52 CET 2005

On 28 Feb 2005, at 7:10 PM, Bart Veldhuizen wrote:

> IE5 still behaves very badly on OSX; the page loads, but *very*
> slowly. Does anyone here have an idea what causes it?

Just a little note - I wouldn't worry too much about IE5/mac. It's old,
hasn't been updated in years, and most Mac users would have probably
migrated to Safari by now. Even MS themselves ignored IE5/mac
compatibility with their MSN redesign (
http://stopdesign.com/log/2005/01/31/msn-goes-css.html ), and although
it's somewhat better now, there are still plenty of bugs with the MSN
page in it. As long as it actually works, probably best not to get too
hung up on it.

Matt