[Bf-webcontent] One fix a day

Bart Veldhuizen bart at vrotvrot.com
Fri Jan 28 08:17:26 CET 2005

Hi all,

this week I've started my 'one fix a day' campaign, which means that in
the morning I make myself a cup of coffee and browse our website. I
pick a page and ask myself if this page really delivers the message
that it is intended to deliver. Are there simple things that we could
do to improve it?

After I've found something and I've thought of some ways to improve it,
I'll find someone to nag or maybe I'll do it myself.

After this I'm ready to take a shower and go to work ;-) This approach
makes me feel good (after all, something has improved today) and I'm a
strong believer in small steps as opposed to major changes - these
never seem to finish or work, for that matter.

Anyway, why don't you make a cup of coffee, pick one page from the site
now (maybe a page that you maintain, or a page that you think is
important), and find one simple thing to improve on it now? Either do
the change yourself, or simply fire it into this maillist. Either way,
our site will be better today than it was yesterday.

Have fun,

Bart