[Bf-webcontent] Combining the Documentation Project with tutorials.

Glen Moyes metsys at icubenetwork.com
Sun Nov 21 04:41:02 CET 2004

I have something for people to think about. I've had this idea since the
beginning and I feel strongly about it. I've already mentioned this idea
to the docboard mailing list, but I was wondering what people would
think about combining the documentation project with the tutorial
collection.

I'm convinced that when people want to learn about a certain topic the
method they use (tutorials, manuals, videos, etc.) isn't as important so
long as they know how to do that thing in Blender after they're done.
What I would like to see is a stylized version of the documentation
(people have been wanting to add a stylesheet to the documentation for a
while) and then have the tutorial listing integrated within the
documentation. That way you can look up a topic and it will give you the
option of choosing between documentation, different tutorials on the
subject, and so on. You'll be able to learn all you can about the same
subject from different angles.

I think that would be a more unified way to learn Blender. It's
basically taking what Bart is doing with the video tutorials and taking
it to the next level.