[Bf-webcontent] Convincing people to use BitTorrent for VideoTutorials

Doug Ollivier Doug at mudpuddle.co.nz
Sun Nov 14 22:59:49 CET 2004

Uggggg please don't use Bit-torrent for everything.

i would like a download link to everything which has a bit-torrent available
too.  i agree that the bit-torrent file might look like it has priority, and
be easier to click etc...  it migh just say "download" on it.  but i would
always like a real download location to get somthing from.

why?  because  i live in a country where we have "limited bandwidth" we get
10Gb per month.  and with bit-torrent i have found that it uses more
bandwidth than the file you are downloading. a 400Mb file used 1.5Gb to
download.  it was uploading at 5Kbps and downloading at 25Kbps.   this does
not add up.

i got the blender arts festival DVD sent via snail mail, why?  because we
only had Bit-torrent available.

honestly its a huge hassle, and i am not the only one.  perhaps when the
entire world is on broadband with unlimited bandwith will bit-torrent be a
good alternative.

just my opinion on the matter.  (we are not yet ready for a bit-torrent
planet)

Douglas Ollivier (Alltaken)