[Bf-viewport] Ghosting

Hadrien Brissaud hadriscus at gmail.com
Sat Jul 22 12:47:34 CEST 2017

Hi Clément, apologies for being vague. It's like onion skinning (grease
pencil), but for 3d characters, which I imagine makes it that much more
expensive to draw. Example : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DVUEtLAuiU It
is probably not something I would use in a full-blown engine like Eevee,
but something more simple like Clay, or an even simpler silhouette drawing.
Current Blender can display ghosts of bones (in armature settings), and
although it gives some indication of movement, bones rarely reflect
accurately the silhouette of characters (
http://pasteall.org/pic/index.php?id=117451).
There is another example : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sG6wXX7nAvQ This
one seems to take a snapshot of the silhouette in screen space, looks nice
from camera view but I imagine you cannot tumble around the scene without
breaking the effect.

Cheers,

Hadrien