[Bf-viewport] Blender 2.8 Viewport Development

Yury Baranov cucumberer at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 16:53:45 CEST 2016

I disagree with "Camera and staging" plate scheme. Camera work needs to be
composition-driven, that means we need not just "solid" meshes preview - we
need to see textures and highlights (specular maps) on models. Normal maps
have less impact on overall composition of shot, but diff-spec textures are
something that builds it.

Also, texture painting needs something like "multibrush" - ability to paint
on multiple channels at the same time (e.g. paint with bump, specular color
and diffuse color with one stroke), and multiple texture layers support. My
first thoughts on design - each "texture layer" have multiple maps in it
(diff/spec/gloss/metalness/whatever) and those maps are composed using the
"texture layer" order. Dunno if it have anything to do with viewport, but
decided to share my thoughts anyways.

About everything else - design looks pretty solid and workflow-oriented for
me. Thanks for making awesome stuff, guys! Blender makes me happy :)