[Bf-viewport] Blender 2.8 Viewport Development

Dalai Felinto dfelinto at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 14:00:42 CEST 2016

Dear all,

For the past few days we had a Blender 2.8 viewport development
workshop at the Blender Institute.

We focused our discussions in the user experience, but deliverables
were decised based on the expected progression of the code
development. The implementation and usability (UI, ...) are still
pending, but the big picture here presented is enough to structure the
oncoming code architecture.

The overall design was just posted on the development blog:
https://code.blender.org/2016/09/blender-2-8-viewport-development/ ‎

We welcome any comments and feedback you may have *BUT* please let's
use the bf-viewport mailing list for that, just to keep it more
focused.

Apart from that we will soon announce an open-call for helping with
the OpenGL immediate mode to modern OpenGL effort. That will be the
easiest way for other developers to get involved with the viewport
project.

Best regards,
Dalai
--