[Bf-viewport] Updates for the weeks of August 8th to August 29th

Julian Eisel eiseljulian at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 16:14:00 CEST 2016

Hey,

I've started working on BVH based selection which has been listed as a
possible goal for the new viewport ([1]). It seems quite promising so
far, but obviously it still needs quite some work (but it's basically
working). The initial commit [2] describes more details about the
project, including open TODOs. I'll open a design/TODO task at some
point.
I probably can't spend too much time on it as I need to get back to
other projects - layer manager, custom manipulators and other 2.8
stuff - but I'd like to get the main stuff done at least.

[1] https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:2.8/Viewport#Discussion_Items
[2] https://developer.blender.org/rB695da4fd62a

Cheers,
- Julian -