[Bf-viewport] OpenGL ES compatibility

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at pandora.be
Sun Dec 6 17:12:58 CET 2015

It might be a bit early to pin down a specific version for Blender 2.8
yet, but OpenGL 3.2-ish and OpenGL ES 3.0 seem good to me as a working
assumptions. Including Sandy Bridge through OpenGL 3.1 + extensions
makes sense.

I think there is enough work that can be done in master now with
OpenGL 2.1. How to handle Blender 2.8 branching we can worry about
later when development on that actually starts.

Shaders APIs, transformation stacks, immediate mode removal, etc, ..
all can be done in master once there is a design worked out.