[Bf-vfx] Bug when using va/b setting in edl file?

Tintwotin tintwotin tintwotin at gmail.com
Sat Nov 15 23:32:31 CET 2014

Another thing, but still related, I found some missing <EditMode> settings
in the Blender EDL import script used by ex. Lightworks, Sony Vegas a. o.

Ex. edl from Lightworks:
001  IBM      AA/V C         00:00:05:02 00:00:12:17 00:00:05:01 00:00:12:16

It's the 'AA/V' setting which is currently not supported by the Blender edl
import script. In this link a few more settings not used by the Blender edl
import script can be found:http://www.niwa.nu/2013/05/how-to-read-an-edl/

Info from that page:
AA/V – Video and audio on channel 1 and 2
VA1A2 – Video and audio on channel 1 and 2
A12V – Video and audio on channel 1 and 2
AUD3 – Audio only on channel 3
A3 – Audio only on channel 3

In line 225 of  io_sequencer_edl/parse_edl.py they can be easily be added:
EDIT_DICT = {
    "none": 0,  # TODO, investigate this more.
    "v": EDIT_VIDEO,
    "a": EDIT_AUDIO,
    "aud3": EDIT_AUDIO,
    "a3": EDIT_AUDIO,
    "aa": EDIT_AUDIO_STEREO,
    "va": EDIT_VIDEO_AUDIO,
    "aa/v": EDIT_VIDEO_AUDIO,
    "va1a2": EDIT_VIDEO_AUDIO,
    "a12v": EDIT_VIDEO_AUDIO,
    "b": EDIT_VIDEO_AUDIO,
    }

And just to clarify where the fix from previous post could be added:
When the VA/va/B/b settings are used, adding a video clip too can be done
very simple with the stuff added in here in line 173 of
io_sequencer_edl/import_edl.py:
if edit.edit_type & (parse_edl.EDIT_VIDEO | parse_edl.EDIT_VIDEO_AUDIO):

BTW. the reason I've come across these things is because I'm working on a
mlt to blender friendly edl script:
http://eyeframeconverter.wordpress.com/mlt2edl/