[Bf-vfx] Bug when using va/b setting in edl file?

Tintwotin tintwotin tintwotin at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 19:46:38 CET 2014

ideasman42 suggested that I posted here about this:

*Background:*
I'm using the EDL notes from the Blender import_edl.py script in order to
code a python script to convert ShotCut.org MLT files into Blender friendly
EDLs:

The Blender EDL notes:

> * <EditMode>: 'V' | 'A' | 'VA' | 'B' | 'v' | 'a' | 'va' | 'b' which equals
> Video, Audio, Video_Audio edits (note B or b can be used in place of VA or
> va).

*Bug?*
That's how I noticed that when VA/va/B/b settings (which equals
Video+Audio) are used, only an audio clip is added to the time line, and no
video. With va I suppose that both a video and an audio clip should be
inserted?

*How to reproduce:*
Open this EDL example, and assign a video clip with audio. It must be
longer than 30 sec.

* EDL example:
> 1 test *va* C 00:00:00:00 00:00:30:00 00:00:00:00 00:00:30:00

*How to fix:*
When the VA/va/B/b settings are used, adding a video clip too, can be done
very simple with the stuff I added in bold here in line 173:

Code:
> if edit.edit_type & *(*parse_edl.EDIT_VIDEO* |
> parse_edl.EDIT_VIDEO_AUDIO)*:

This way a video clip is added too, when va/b setting is used.

*Is it a bug or expected behavior?*
So the question is if using the va/b setting should add both a video clip
and an audio clip, or is the current behavior what is to be expected?