[Bf-vfx] Plans for mesh reconstruction from tracked video

Christopher Taylor christopher.daniel.taylor at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 19:50:32 CEST 2012

I don't know how possible it is to impliment- but there are
tools/plugins in other software which allow to do 3D scanning from
images. A similar feature but with video footage would be great. By
"connecting the dots" in pointclouds to reconstruct more complex
terrains such as hills or more complex terrain, there would be a lot of
time saved for tracking this sort of footage. The "floor" settings etc.
are great but relatively limited if you're working on hilly or uneven
terrain. We don't necessarily need thousands of points of precision, but
the possibility to have a hilly terrain basically track-scanned to a
low-poly terrain would allow for so much time saved in tweaking that it
would be unbelievable for integrating objects.

Just my two cents...