[Bf-vfx] Problems and bugs regarding VFX editing in Blender

Coen Spoor jcspoor at planet.nl
Tue Sep 27 07:35:22 CEST 2011

Some more pointers:
- troy's advice about setting the start and end frame of your movie/sequence plane, is the way I do it
-don't ever use movie files, especially h264, DON'T USE IT except for final renders/edits
-don't use PNG, it may have alpha and look pretty, the compression algorithm makes is horrific for your memory usage
-decode footage into a tga sequence, larger files but that's what you want, large easy to read files, tga's have from what I can tell almost a 1:1 file size/memory usage ratio
-use the blacks from a explosion/bullet hit as an alpha in the material compositor, works as a preview in GLSL mode too

Cheers,
Coen Spoor
NachtWerk vfx

Op 27 sep. 2011 om 00:54 heeft Matt Ebb <matt at mke3.net> het volgende geschreven: