[Bf-vfx] Camera Sensor Size patch

Ejner Fergo ejnersan at gmail.com
Mon May 30 18:31:10 CEST 2011

Hola,

I have written on the bf-committers list but think it is relevant to
this list. I have been updating Matt Ebbs sensor size patch for new
revisions, and added the vertical fov which is important for
importers/exporters, and have also updated scripts to work with this
new code.

http://projects.blender.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=24427&group_id=9&atid=127

I have also written a short documentation:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:San/Real_Focal_Length

The importance of this patch for VFX is of course to work with a
correct focal length, which is not possible now with a fixed sensor
size in Blender. This will bring basic functionality to the camera
that will also make sense for further work on 3D tracking.

I know I haven't been active on this list even if it is a development
I'm very interested about, and I hope I can contribute in time. I have
worked with VFX for 3 years primarily as a compositing artist, and
have also been an assistant VFX supervisor on occasions. I have been a
Blender user for a long time, and been specifically interested in the
camera for over a year:

http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?186759-Upgrading-the-Blender-Camera

I know that time is tight especially now with GSOC running, but I hope
this basic functionality can be integrated for 2.58 as a base for
further work.

Best regards,

Ejner