[Bf-translations-dev] Translation Issues Report s4

- LEON - leon4you at gmail.com
Fri Mar 29 09:27:03 CET 2013

Hi  Yamasaki,

I bet the IME issue with Windows OS is the biggest issue for all local
guys, especially we asians  :)  Although we can still use copy / paste
trick to do that, but it obviously never be the ideal way.
However, IME just works fine with Linux, currently. So it definiately be
the OS related problem. Hope some genius guy could help to improve this.

Some guys, including myself, have discussed on this IME issue, esp. for
Windows OS, e.g.:

http://projects.blender.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=498&aid=32888&group_id=9
http://projects.blender.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=498&aid=30044&group_id=9
http://projects.blender.org/tracker/?func=detail&atid=498&aid=30473&group_id=9

So, if this is well improved, surely many local guys will love to use it
for new data naming work, since lots of popular 3D apps already well
support local IME, directly.
Although, as Bastien said, it would become “less shareable”, but what if
they needn't any "international" shares? So, I bet the new i18n freature
for "New Data" auto-translation would be quite nice for local guys.

I presume that is what you mean?

Leon Cheung
a.k.a. 老猫