[Bf-translations-dev] German translation - some edits

Michael Färber 01mf02 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 12:55:25 CEST 2012

Hi,

thanks for your effort!
At the moment, I put my own translation efforts on hold, mostly because
it is very tedious to translate the program well for now. However,
Bastien recently wrote that he would try to find some time for a
translation addon, which would simplify the translation process greatly.
For example, when you are able to translate the program from within the
GUI, you will avoid most context problems, where you may mistranslate
strings because you don't know how they are used in the GUI. At the
moment, to avoid errors, you basically have to find out in which places
a certain string is used before translating it, and that eats enormous
amounts of time.

Anyway, I looked at your updates, and a very large amount of them looks
very good. :)
I'll try to find some time soon to check them and commit them afterwards!
Just some comments in the meanwhile: Please don't use PoEdit if you can,
because it modifies files in a way that makes patches unnecessarily big.
Also, always use the infinitive when translating verbs -- you've done a
/very/ good job on this in general, but I encountered one string which
you translated as "Stoppt die Animations-Wiedergabe", whereas it should
be something like "Animations-Wiedergabe stoppen". But considering how
well you translated the rest, that's just nitpicking really. :)

So, thanks again, I'll look at it in more detail soon!

Cheers,
Michael

P.S.: For general decisions on how to translate certain terms, I'm open
to suggestions. :) It would be cool if you could note such terms as you
encounter them, and we discuss possible translations afterwards. In
general, it is helpful to also find out where such terms appear in the UI.