[Bf-translations-dev] SVN commit: /data/svn/bf-translations [314] branches: Updated branches from svn43429.

Bastien Montagne montagne29 at wanadoo.fr
Mon Jan 16 23:26:16 CET 2012

Le lundi 16 janvier 2012 22:07:50, Yousef Hurfoush a écrit :
> *
> *> That said, I doubt *that* merge generated 2000 fuzzes – there was no
> > big change in i18n since a month or so, now…
>

> no, it's not "this" merge, but accumulated from the 1st commit, can't
> you restrict the merge function to only identical msgstr's?

In that case, you would get 2000 new untranslated messages… Nothing
better! Even worth, your previous valid translations would be
definitively lost!

> as for the modified spells it shouldn't generate a fuzzy because there
> are no changes in the meaning so the current translation is still
> valid, and doing so release us from going though it on more time.

Nope, merge is a computer tool, and as such, has no way to know whether
that one-letter change is a spell-check, or completely changes the
meaning of the message (as -> is, set that to 1.0 -> sets that to 1.0,
etc.)

> one other thing, my script counts out the fuzzy when exporting
> untranslated strings. more reason not to generate the fuzzy.

Then you should learn your script to count fuzzies as untranslated ;)
Or use a tool like PoEdit, which gathers together untranslated/fuzzy
messages

I know how a big project like Blender can be a bit desperating to
translate – 14100 messages, it’s just enormous… But fuzzies are really
the least painful solution, imho.