[Bf-translations-dev] Fwd: [blender-trans] Re: Complex Script is Now Supported? :D AWESOME!

Dalai Felinto dfelinto at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 08:24:42 CEST 2011

CC here since this is the new list ...

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Dalai Felinto <dfelinto at gmail.com>
Date: 2011/10/11
Subject: Re: [blender-trans] Re: Complex Script is Now Supported? :D
AWESOME!
To: blender-translation at googlegroups.com

Hi Amin, I added Persian (...) there.

For the "Language Selection" interface I flipped both Arabic and Persian
names (so they show up correctly). I used the Arabic script for the Persian.
Let me know if they look ok:

http://www.pasteall.org/pic/show.php?id=18889

"I've also made a map of all the characters in Farsi so we can make another
python file (or add the extra characters to the existing one if possible)
for Farsi to reverse the characters."

Great. Given that there are changes (and not only added letters) I think
it's better to keep farsi as a separate script for now.

I was looking here. Is there any other resource you suggest?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persian_language

The current version of the script is here:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3292898/arabic/arabic_to_utf.py

The script should be clear enough for a programmer/farsi speaker.
It takes every letter, calculate their position (isolated, beginning,
middle, end) and returns the absolute utf-8 representation of it.

In the beginning of the file we have the unicode/utf-8 representation of the
letters in their absolute position (range \ufe81 ~ \ufefc).

The letters used in the long if/elif sequence are the non-absolute form of
the letters (\u622 ~ \u644).

Regards,
Dalai