[Bf-taskforce25] Blender spring cleaning

Joshua Leung aligorith at gmail.com
Thu May 14 11:05:11 CEST 2009

Perhaps I should explain a bit...

by default, most rigs will be set to 'shaded' drawtype, which means that any
meshes consisting of edges+verts only will not appear if the view drawtype
is solid or greater. To get around this, many riggers had to resort to
setting their rigs to be 'wireframe' only. This works fine as long as you
don't want some shaded controls too. Also, there are problems when
proxifying rigs, since the rig gets assigned to a new object which will by
default have 'shaded' drawtype. This was quite undesireable for animators to
have to remember to do that on every shot they set up. Rather, getting the
rigger to specify this as part of their rig specifications is a better idea
IMO.