[Bf-taskforce25] Netbeans + Blender Source

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Mon Mar 23 13:21:08 CET 2009

Hi,

Some stats: The 2.5 list has 200 subscribers, the bf-committers list
693, the projects.blender.org site has 7914 members. People with svn
commit rights in Blender currently is 67 total.

It's a fact that many software projects get stuck in endless debates
about "the way it should be done", and hardly ever about "the target we
should accomplish". I'd rather focus on the latter, and pick the
obvious and feasible way to get there.

And whatever way we pick, you'll always exclude people with different
ideas. That's perfect, because it opens opportunities for competition,
multiple teams creating what they consider to be best. So let's see....
where is that Java 3D tool project?

-Ton-

Blender Institute BV  Entrepotdok 57A  1018AD Amsterdam The Netherlands