[Bf-taskforce25] Netbeans + Blender Source

Keanen Shaw keanen.shaw at gmail.com
Sun Mar 22 20:55:16 CET 2009

Hey guys,
I just wanted to point out the irony of editing the Blender source code in
Netbeans. Netbeans is usually used for Java, a language that I think would
be perfect for Blender. It kind of goes along with the Jython complete
rewrite thing. If we could move to an interpreted language, and keep the API
in that language, it would be a lot easier for rookies like myself to
compile our own versions of Blender. I mean, what's the point of an open
source project if you can't build on it? The complete source code isn't even
included in the main download for Blender! I'm just saying that this should
be developed by the community, not just two guys. Food for thought.
-Keanen