[Bf-taskforce25] 2.5 movie player

William Reynish william at reynish.com
Tue Jun 16 23:27:06 CEST 2009

Well, the whole point is to not make it too hidden ;) At the same
time, overlaid controls can interfere with the video you're trying to
watch. For a movie player like VLC that's no real issue because you
are not likely to really use those controls (other than pressing
play), but in Blender you are likely to scrub, stop, rewind while
studying your creations.

Regarding full-screen playback, then you are right, the only sane
solution is to put the controls inside the video. And if the controls
are minimal enough it shouldn't be too disturbing (These controls are
an example of nice simplicity: http://www.apple.com/macosx/refinements/images/overlay_quicktime_02_20090608.jpg)

Cheers