[Bf-taskforce25] 2.5 movie player

Pablo Vazquez - www.venomgfx.com.ar venomgfx at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 22:54:32 CEST 2009

eek no no extra interface than the one needed to display the video, I
would prefer something like VLC's or mplayer's interface on
fullscreen, that overlays the video via OSD and displays/disappear at
hotkeys, but never uses extra space than the one needed by the video,
so if you're displaying a 720p HD video on a 15" laptop screen (which
usually is 1280px by 720/800px) the controls won't need any extra
space than the one occupied by the video (that actually fits perfectly
on the screen as fullscreen). Try on VLC to Shift + Left/Right on
fullscreen, or Ctrl + Up/Down.

Shouldn't be that hard if everything is already OpenGL, but as you I
don't know either if this could be done or not, but I wouldn't like to
have playback buttons separate from the space that is actually
displaying the video.

* Pablo Vazquez
Freelance 3D Artist
info at venomgfx.com.ar