[Bf-taskforce25] Output Targets

Dalai Felinto dfelinto at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 22:03:49 CEST 2009

+1 !
I really think this is something useful/necessary.

So how about a profile option? Blender could come with a few pre
configurated profiles (Full, BGE, Yafaray, ...) and could have an
option to let the user define it's own profile. (also an option to an
external render engine to define it profile on-the-fly).

My idea:
When you go to [Profile Edit Mode] all the panels that are disabled
appears as disabled/dissaturated/grayish (as we have already for
disable buttons). You then have the option to go through the whole
Blender and disable/enable editors, panels, buttons. Once you are done
you click stop editing and all the disabled options disappear.

> F12 could even start the game (ok, perhaps that is a bit too far :).
It's a nice idea, but I think that mixing default keymaps is messy. I
would rather stick to (1) Blender default keymap  (2) User default
keymap

> Also then the scene and physics panels could show game engine related
> properties instead of having them in the logic editor or a separate tab.
I'm not sure I like this panel-dancing thing :) I think a simple
enable/disable option would make easier to remember where the settings
are in different profiles.

> The main issue against I think is that for the game engine you also
> sometimes bake something with the regular render engine, or do some
> simulation you bake into shape keys etc. This would require explicitly
> switching the engines each time. I'm not sure if this is a big problem,
> i.e. perhaps separate files are used for this in many cases, need
> artists feedback on this. There could also be a shortcut key for it of
> course, to make switching fast.
I don't think switching engines (or profiles as I'm calling it) it's a
big problem. And I believe that separate files are very common for
that kind of stuff.

Cheers,
Dalai

http://blenderecia.orgfree.com