[Bf-taskforce25] Output Targets

Daniel H gg20k1 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 22:33:19 CEST 2009

I agree, this is a great idea. Especially for the new artists who try
Blender, hear about render engine XYZ and wonder why transparency isn't what
they expect, or whatever.
Speaking off (off topic a little), will things like the material preview
have the ability to be performed by the external render engine? That would
be brilliant.

The trick I see is in the last part of your message, Brecht. I really have
no idea on this, so I'm just thinking out loud, but doesn't the render
engine have to provide a config file or such to let Blender know what exec
to run and library info? If so, can't that just be expanded to include
functions/features that the engine knows how to handle/target?

I really should get into the code someday and see what all y'all are doing
to make things run...

Daniel