[Bf-taskforce25] Drop Irix?

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 22 14:27:51 CEST 2009

Python guys removed Irix support from their code for Python 2.4 -
released in 2004,

We agreed switching to python 3 is planned once all OS's support it
(By switch I mean removing ifdef's for python 2.x), but by the looks
of it Irix cant be included in this list.

Irix its self has been EndOfLife since 2006, so the situation with
library support will only worsen.

Last I read Irix would crash on reading 64bit blends, so not sure ifs
even considered supported currently?

BSD/OSX/Linux/Windows are all fine for Python support.

Practically this means removing scons, makefile config and around 30
ifdef checks. Keep SGI image format support :-)

reference of supported py OS's
http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0011/

--
- Campbell