[Bf-taskforce25] Siggraph show announcement

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Wed Jul 22 14:05:46 CEST 2009

Hi all,

Obviously we can't really "launch" 2.5 on the Siggraph convention, but
we will definitely present and demo it extensively. I'm already getting
requests from the press for "press kits", feature lists and high-res
screenshots or other imagery.

Tom Musgrove already volunteered to hunt for the press during Siggraph,
but I bet he could use help gathering good show material. William
offered help to make high quality screenshots, and a 'product sheet'
thing to print and hand out.

One of the things I'll go over before Siggraph is the overview;
http://www.blender.org/development/current-projects/blender-25-project/

Anyhoo... press usually loves bold statements. Since we don't release
2.5, we should try to give it some meaningful event name... like
"Blender unveils 2.5 on Siggraph".

If people have a few minutes of inspiration, dump some ideas or links
to gfx here from which we can take samples :)

-Ton-