[Bf-taskforce25] defaults & tweaks list

GSR gsr.b3d at infernal-iceberg.com
Sun Jul 12 21:46:02 CEST 2009

Hi,
brecht at blender.org (2009-07-11 at 1457.08 +0200):
[...]
> Rendering
> ---------
[...]
> * Stamp time,data,frame,scene,filename metadata into image file (not
> render). Rename it "metadata" perhaps?

Sorry, what do you mean exactly, enable by default the metadata mode
and keep as option the image stamping?

[...]
> Other
> -----
[...]
> More work:
> * Memory limit for Undo. But this needs some kind of auto-detection to
> obtain a reasonable limit depending on the computer?

I have seen some other cases about "finding the limit" and the
conclusion I got is that there is no such thing as the machine is
"alive", with other apps and even users taking and releasing
resources. Probably a better way would be to free oldest undos when
new memory requests fail (maybe report to user if this happens below
64MB or so == a really small memory for today). Or let user select as
GIMP does (min steps and max memory to be used).

GSR