[Bf-taskforce25] defaults & tweaks list

Jason van Gumster jason at handturkeystudios.com
Sat Jul 11 23:22:08 CEST 2009

Heya Nathan,

Nathan Vegdahl <cessen at cessen.com> wrote:

>    Having said all that, I do suspect (completely without evidence)
> that most Blender animators use manual keying, so perhaps it would be
> good to stick with that as default anyway.  Autokey isn't a difficult
> feature to turn on if you want it.  (And I do recommend actually
> trying it out on two or three shots before writing it off.  You might
> be surprised.)

I'm not writing off autokey completely (my "autokey is the devil"
comment was mostly in jest). It certainly has its uses and I've
definitely enabled it for tweaking. I certainly agree with you there.
However, I still find that manual keying suits me better for the
initial blocking and refinement passes. That being the case, I prefer
to have autokey disabled when I start and then turn it on when I need
it. For me, autokey is a good feature when you need it, but not all
that great as a primary tool for animating.

And like you said, it isn't difficult to turn on when you want to use
it.

  -Jason