[Bf-taskforce25] [Bf-blender-cvs] SVN commit: /data/svn/bf-blender [18632] branches/blender2.5/blender/source /blender: 2.5: WM Compositing

Brecht Van Lommel brecht at blender.org
Mon Jan 26 10:01:21 CET 2009

Hi,

On Sun, 2009-01-25 at 18:14 -0500, Nicholas Bishop wrote:
> A question about partial redraw, can it be set up to have multiple
> drawing regions? In sculpt mode with symmetry, there may be only small
> parts being sculpted, but if these regions are at the four corners of
> the screen and it's all combined into one large region, much of the
> benefit of partial redraw will be lost.

That's a good point yes. It's not as simple to implement because you can
only have one glScissor, and the drawing code would have to clip against
multiple rects. Doing the full space draw multiple times seems not to be
a good idea.

But especially with triple buffer I can make it work well anyway. Let
the 3d view draw the parts, then overdraw everything again outside those
parts with the image from the third buffer (as some drawing will spill
over and be half done only). I'll implement this.

Brecht.